Keep the ends of your drawstrings free of knots and use heat shrink tubing!
Quick and easy to apply to the ends of cords to keep them from fraying.
Sold by the foot/12" long.
Clear - Slight tinge of yellow
- Cut to desired length. (I do 3/4" long)
- Slide onto the ends of the strings.
- Keeping the end up off the surface hold a lighter/flame around 1" from the plastic tubing. Flame should NOT touch the plastic or the string.
- Slowly turn until the entire tube has sealed/shrunk onto the string.
- Let cool. It will be slightly tacky then harden up.